HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in{SA} Clan Site
Announcements: Be sure to check-in for Roll Call for November!
For information regarding our Ventrilo server, please click here.

Uploaded Image

pb kicked for some reason

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
camo dude

Age : 20 Registration date : 2009-03-07 Number of posts : 465 Location :

PostSubject: pb kicked for some reason   Wed 23 Dec 2009 - 22:33

I got pb banned from {SA}2. Im not mad or anything, it was only 5 minutes, im just curious why. Ive had no problems with it before. If anybody thinks they know why then please tell me so i can fix it. I will inform through this post if it happens again.
Back to top Go down
{SA}MaJoR_SiGhTs
Major
Major

Age : 29 Registration date : 2009-02-27 Number of posts : 852 Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: pb kicked for some reason   Wed 23 Dec 2009 - 22:45

When you receive a PB ban it gives you a reason why, hacking, memory failure, missing packet flow, bla bla bla,

So I'm going to assume that you weren't hacking, and that you had a simple memory failure glitch, you could try updating your PB @

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

and install this program and select what game you want to update, install updates, then restart your system. Should be fixed then.
http://Sa-snipersacademy.co.cc
camo dude

PostSubject: Re: pb kicked for some reason   Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 5:34

MAJOR wrote:
When you receive a PB ban it gives you a reason why, hacking, memory failure, missing packet flow, bla bla bla,

So I'm going to assume that you weren't hacking, and that you had a simple memory failure glitch, you could try updating your PB @

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

and install this program and select what game you want to update, install updates, then restart your system. Should be fixed then.

It said nothing of the reason why. It just said Punkbuster has banned player camo dude for 5 minutes. No i wasnt hacking, it wouldnt ahve been a 5 minute ban if i was.
Back to top Go down
{SA}CL|ghost
Sniper Academy Clan Leader

Age : 107 Registration date : 2009-08-22 Number of posts : 2080 Location : Somewhere in the abyss

PostSubject: Re: pb kicked for some reason   Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 6:36

Hmmm strange,

On the error string there will be a numeric number, if you know the number use google and it will tell you what and why you were banned. If not please next time take a screen shot of the error this way we can check it out....

Sin also might be able to check the history log and therefore find why you had been banned otherwise I would just go with the error number.

I hope that helps a bit,
{SA}ghost
Back to top Go down
{SA}RTFM|Sinful

Age : 26 Registration date : 2009-03-07 Number of posts : 930 Location : Tucson, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: pb kicked for some reason   Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 7:41

I am working on figuring out right now. I'll edit this when I figure out the reason.

"[12.23.2009 14:13:37] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1camo ^0dude (slot #3) Losing Key Packets [****GUID REMOVED****(VALID) ****IP REMOVED****.]
[12.23.2009 14:13:37] Kick Command Issued (Losing Key Packets) for (slot#3) ****IP REMOVED****:28960 ****GUID REMOVED**** ^1camo ^0dude
[12.23.2009 14:13:37] Lost Connection (slot #3) ****IP REMOVED****:28960 ****GUID REMOVED****(VALID) ^1camo ^0dude
"

I removed Camo's GUID and IP for his own safety, should someone try tracing his location, or cracking the GUID for his CD-Key somehow (hasn't been done yet, but lets keep it that way)

You might want to re-update PB, or figure out how to uninstall it, then re-install it, if it keeps happening.

~Sinful
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bstrickler
{SA}CL|ghost

Age : 107 Registration date : 2009-08-22 Number of posts : 2080 Location : Somewhere in the abyss

PostSubject: Re: pb kicked for some reason   Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 9:59

Here is some stuff the I had found while surfing might or might not help.

Good Luck!!!!!

Users that are getting kicked for "Service Communication Failure" (including the handshake failure type) have some other software that is blocking the PunkBuster services.

Some users have previously disabled the PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBsrtB.exe services in the past, and these services are now mandatory.

If the services are stopped/disabled, then PB will kick from this point forward.

Sometimes it is an anti-virus program (like an old version of McAfee Security Center), sometimes it is a personal firewall that are blocking the services. Any user who is getting kicked for this will have to stop whatever is blocking PB or configure the program to allow the two services.

The below link is a tool provided by PunkBuster that will help users who need to reinstall the services:

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

If the above PBSVC program does not pass all the tests, please ensure that any installed firewalls or other programs are not blocking the PnkBstrA/B services.

If that still does not do the trick, please open a ticket with PunkBuster here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support.php and be sure to paste the log from the PBSVC program within the ticket, and EvenBalance support should be able to help you in identifying what programs are blocking the services.
Back to top Go down
camo dude

PostSubject: Re: pb kicked for some reason   Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 15:57

thanks for the help guys, im about to try getting into it one more time, i hope i can because its the only {SA} server i dont lag on. I was successfully able to join the server. I dont know if its going to happen again but i will tell you if it does through PM if it is ok with any of you. Delete this post if you would like to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pb kicked for some reason   Today at 4:58

Back to top Go down

pb kicked for some reason

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Technical :: Server issues (including hackers) -